Sunday, September 20, 2009

Catholic Liturgy and the Mormon Temple

Hello readers,

I have been reading a fascinating article on the similarities of Catholic Liturgy and the Mormon Temple by Marcus Von Wellnitz. I would definitely recommend this article to you as helpful reading towards becoming a Millennial Mormon. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

I would add one small item to the list of parallels. On page 15 Marcus says that the "LDS Temple does not utilize musical performance in its ceremony." I would suggest that although there is no live performance of music in the endowment, music is still an important part, if not underrated, element of that ordinance. In my opinion, it is a very helpful aspect in understanding the symbolism.


Many thanks to Hannah Rebekah and her excellent blogs for the reference to this great article. Please visit and support her blogs. They are quite good and very helpful.

May Peace and Blessings abound in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment